Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Prayer for Mutala

by Angie 
 
Psalm 46 (see below) was my prayer today after we visited Mutala and saw the discouragement in the teachers there.  The village has a power hungry chief and demands money, persecutes his people, and leads poorly.  The people here don't want to build the school, which means making bricks by hand, harvesting river sand, etc... So the school has two teachers left.  
This Psalm was in my read the the bible in a year palm this week and I was a few days late in reading it... But it was God's timing... As it was just what I needed to pray for them and lift them to the throne room.
Pray for Mutala and the people there.

 
 
Praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord, my soul. I will praise the Lord all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. Do not put your trust in princes,
in human beings, who cannot save. When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
on that very day their plans come to nothing. Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the Lord their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth,
the sea, and everything in them—
he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed
and gives food to the hungry.
The Lord sets prisoners free, the Lord gives sight to the blind,
the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down,
the Lord loves the righteous. The Lord watches over the foreigner
and sustains the fatherless and the widow,
but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. The Lord reigns forever,
your God, O Zion, for all generations.
Praise the Lord. (Psalm 146:1-10 NIV) 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for writing this! It was just what I needed to hear today as well. I'm sorry for those teachers. My prayer for them is that they just persevere and not give up. God is working there even if He is unseen to them right now.

    ReplyDelete