Saturday, June 23, 2012
Thoughts from Gray
So of all the positive things we've gained from Africa no one really
hears of the negatives. Its been very interesting learning to use some
of the "toilets" or holes in the ground surrounded by a few bricks for
privacy. Or riding everywhere in the back of a pick up truck on the
"roads". Over all it really hasn't been bad at all tho. Rugged Africa
has been a thrilling view into the lives of people who live to work and
work to live. I've been greatly humbled seeing these people who will
never experience luxury. Or even understand it. Let alone enjoy it. They say, "A day
without nshima (the bland ground corn meal they eat) is a day without food." That's something I will never be able to understand. But they have taught
me a great deal about humility and hard work. Something that I WILL
carry with me back to America.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gray, it sounds like this trip has been a real blessing in your life! What a wonderful gift God has given you!
ReplyDeleteBeth